Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Gospel Principles

I got up this morning and went to re-read Chapter 14 in the BOM again so that I could write about it, but I picked up my Gospel Principles book instead. I just opened up and the chapter I opened up to was Chapter 16, The Church of Jesus Christ of Former Times. I actually looked up every scripture that it referenced and was pretty amazed at literally how in sync with the LDS church it was. Our church is designed EXACTLY how Jesus had designed His church when he was on our earth.

When you read the scriptures that it references you learn how we lost the authority that Jesus had given us through the Holy Spirit back in his days. How it all became corrupt and the following chapter talks about how Jesus restored the church.

I love starting my mornings out by reading the scriptures. It sets this tone for my day that is peaceful, and I find I have much more patience. Gospel Principles is an amazing place to start if you are curious about the church. CLICK HERE to read it online. I'm still learning so much from the book and loving all that I am learning. I think I'm going to restart from the beginning of this book and read all the scripture references and really take it in.

There's so much I want to read and never enough time.

No comments: