Thursday, May 8, 2008

1 Nephi Chapter 10

You can read 1 Nephi Chapter 10 HERE

WOW! Kindof a powerful chapter here. What's amazing is that Nephi wrote of future exactly as it would happen. Everything that happened with Jesus was supposed to happen with Jesus. So he came here knowing what in store for him. He did all of that for us. Amazing. 600 years before it even happened and it was written down for what was to come.

We learn here that it's by the power of the Holy Ghost that we can learn from God. It's by the power of the Holy Ghost that we gain testimonies. Without the Holy Ghost it's almost like we would have no way of knowing anything.

I'm going off topic here for a minute to share a time that I know without a doubt that I felt the Holy Ghost. I lost a baby girl named Mya. Her heart stopped beating when she was still inside of me. After I had lost her I kept getting this warm feeling inside of me, and at that time I was being comforted for my loss from the Holy Ghost. The Holy Ghost was there to let me know that I'm not alone, that everything including my baby girl is okay. The things God does through the Holy Ghost makes you wonder how anyone could ever doubt it all.

The comparison to the olive tree in this chapter basically talks of how everybody will be scattered upon the earth and separated, because some will believe the words of the prophet and some won't. But it does say that the olive tree will be put back together again once the fullness of the gospel is restored. Look at what is going on. We have the gospel being brought to people all over the world. Our missionaries are in many, many countries! What was written down in this chapter is happening now. Now is the time and I am so blessed to be born in a time that I get to know these things, and know that they are true.

2 comments:

Dianna said...

Thanks for this post. I'm so grateful for the comfort God has given me through the Holy Ghost. Like you said, how can we ever doubt when we remember the times He has been with us?

Shimmy Mom said...

The Holy Ghost really is amazing. I remember how calm I was when my second child was born and had to stay in NICU for 2 weeks. I KNEW everything was going to be alright. It wasn't until it was all over, she was home, and fine that I realized what we'd been through and cried. The spirit can truly lift you through hard times. Thanks for the nice post.