Sunday, December 14, 2008

1 Nephi Chapter 15

You can read 1 Nephi Chapter 15 HERE.

This chapter is Nephi explaining to his brothers about the meanings of their father's dream. A couple of things were in my mind when reading this chapter. I'll start with the first.

In the beginning of this chapter it talks of how after the Messiah the fullness of the gospel will come unto the gentiles. The first thing that came in my mind was Joseph Smith. Was this talking about what would come through Joseph Smith?

The other thing I was thinking was evil vs good. How can a soul gain so much power? The Devil has so much power on people and I don't understand fully how this is possible. I know there's so much more that I need to learn, but this one has always boggled my mind. How can 1 soul have so much impact on this world. He originally was just a spirit child right?

If you have any input on this, please comment. I love to hear others chime in, because it helps me to learn on my journey.

No comments: