Friday, April 4, 2008

1 Nephi Chapter 5

You can read 1 Nephi Chapter 5 HERE

Reading this chapter I really tried to put myself in Sariah's shoes. I couldn't imagine first off blindingly following my husband into the wilderness and THEN having my husband send my children off back into the wilderness to go and risk their lives. I completely don't blame her for questioning things and getting basically angry with Lehi. However, the joy she must have felt when she saw that her sons were fine. That the Lord did protect them, and that the Lord does have control of all things.

At the end of the chapter when Nephi is talking of how following God's commandments just did good for them and filled them with the spirit and that all they need to get through their journey to the promised land is wisdom in the Lord is amazing! That's all we need. I truly believe this. If we have wisdom in the Lord and we follow his commandments good things will happen. It definitely is something that we should all teach our children. That there is a reason God gave us commandments and if we follow his commandments and trust in him he will deliver unto us what we need.

So, this is what I've learned from Chapter 5. It was a small chapter, but it was a good one!

No comments: