Tuesday, April 8, 2008

1 Nephi Chapter 6

You can read 1 Nephi Chapter 6 HERE

This chapter was really short. This chapter basically is saying to me that Nephi's main goal here is to get people to worship God and that his main purpose is basically pleasing God and not pleasing the people of this world.

Extremely short, but sweet. I might be taking this off course a little, but imagine our everyday lives. We live our lives to please others. We live our lives to please others in this world. We care what others think. Some people aren't like this, but most are. I am. I love to please others. BUT! How many of us stop to think and want to please God. Honestly, I don't think of that often. I know that this chapter wasn't mainly about pleasing God, but that's what I'm taking from it and that's what I'm going with. I feel that as I read the BOM and think pop into my head that is what God is wanting me to feel and learn from. I think that what I'm doing in my life now is pleasing God. I'm opening a door for my family that was sealed shut for many years. I'm giving my family an opportunity to be sealed together. My kids are going to grow up learning and living by and hopefully loving the gospel. I think that is quite pleasing. However, there's much more I could be doing and not doing that would please Him. I think through prayer and faithful scripture study I will progress more and more in pleasing Him.

I hope that reading this will inspire others to stop and think before acting. It's something we're all guilty of. We all should think first "Would this please God or will it just please others in this world."

I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ... Amen!

No comments: